The Koala bear coming to the hospital meant so much to our grandchildren. I would recommend Hospice to anyone and always give memorials to their cause. A fabulous caring organization!
- Jeanie Balthazor, patient family member.
What Makes Hospice Care Unique
How hospice care is different from other types of health care:
- Hospice offers sophisticated methods of pain and symptom control, allowing patients to live fully and comfortably
- Hospice treats the whole person, not just the disease, by addressing the patient's medical, emotional, psychological and spiritual needs
- Hospice emphasizes the quality of life, rather than the length of life
- Patients and their families are the decision makers in hospice care
- Hospice supports the entire family emotionally, socially and spiritually
- Hospice offers help and support 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Bereavement support is offered to the family after the death of their loved one
- Hospice care is available to everyone who qualifies regardless of their age, illness or ability to pay